I am in the office, but due to the large volume of students coming in for advisement at this time, I am not able to answer email quickly. If you have a registration question, please read the info below. If your question is not answered below, I will respond as soon as possible.
Please note that I will only be addressing registration issues until January 11, and will be available again for long-term academic planning and career/internship advice, as well as major changes, BEGINNING JANUARY 14. NO CHANGE OF MAJORS (incoming or outgoing) WILL BE SIGNED OR PROCESSED UNTIL AFTER JANUARY 11. Please fill out your Degree Checklist or print your DegreeWorks audit before seeking advising. View DegreeWorks at http://www.degreeworks.gatech.edu.
If you’d like to make an appointment, my availability is listed on the Advising Scheduler at https://gatech.gradesfirst.com/. I have walk-in hours from 10am – 12noon on the following Wednesdays during Registration: January 9.
— SCHEDULING REMINDERS —
1. COURSE RESTRICTIONS: The following spring courses are restricted to INTA/IAML/EIA majors only: INTA 2001, INTA 2010, INTA 3203, INTA 3301 and INTA 4500 are major-restricted for the term. Non-majors will not be allowed to enroll. No exceptions are made to this policy. INTA 4742 requires a permit from Dr. Borowitz. Contact her at: firstname.lastname@example.org. All other INTA courses are open to all majors. Check OSCAR for full information on any restrictions in other subjects.
2. OVERLOADS: There are no overloads in INTA courses, so schedule as soon as your time ticket opens. Information about overloads in non-INTA classes is available at: http://www.registrar.gatech.edu/registration/oprequest.php.
3. PASS/FAIL: Only certain classes can be taken on a pass/fail basis and you must decide if you want to take a class pass/fail by drop day. The number of pass/fail hours you are allowed to take is based on your total credits completed at Tech. Guidelines: http://www.catalog.gatech.edu/rules/10b.php.
4. INDEPENDENT STUDY COURSES: If you plan to conduct an independent study project with an INTA faculty member (called a Special Problems/Directed Study Course), your completed special problems application should be submitted for Spring by JANUARY 9 at 2pm. The form is available inside the Nunn School Academic Services Suite, on Canvas, and on the INTA website: http://www.inta.gatech.edu/programs/independent-study.
5. ACADEMIC CREDIT FOR INTERNSHIPS: Completed forms must be submitted for Spring 2019 by JANUARY 9 at 2pm. Forms are on T-square or at: http://www.inta.gatech.edu/current-students/career-counseling/internships/academic-credit.
6. DUPLICATE ERRORS: If you try to sign up for two INTA 4803 (Special Topics) classes, you will get a duplicate error. To avoid this error, you will need a duplicate course permit. Please use the permit request option to address any duplicate error message you receive. You should request this through the online permit system on OSCAR. If you have problems with this, email Vince Pedicino at email@example.com.
7. Please remember that your last 36 credits of your degree MUST be completed AT or THROUGH Georgia Tech. The only way to attend another institution during your last 36 credits is by cross-enrolling at another institution (which means you’re simultaneously enrolled at Tech and another college) or by studying abroad with an official GT study abroad program.
— REGISTRATION TOOLS —
1. Permits/Overloads/Waitlists in other departments: http://www.registrar.gatech.edu/registration/oprequest.php.
2. Elective Course Descriptions: http://www.inta.gatech.edu/programs/courses
3. INTA Certificates: http://www.inta.gatech.edu/programs/undergraduate/certificates
4. Program and Degree Requirement FAQs: http://www.intaadvising.gatech.edu/category/faq/
5. Looking for something? Check INTA Undergraduate Resources on Canvas for Announcements and other Resources: https://canvas.gatech.edu/
I appreciate your patience during this busy time.