Cathy Woolard, a leading candidate running for Mayor of Atlanta in November 2017, is hiring additional fundraising staff. This job would be an excellent opportunity for graduating and recent college/law school graduates and others who are interested in pursuing a career in politics or looking for a once-in-a lifetime experience to make Atlanta an even greater place to live.
Cathy served on the Atlanta City Council from 1998 to 2002 and as President of the Council from 2002 to 2004. When she began her term in 1997 she was the first openly gay elected official in Georgia history, and she was also the first woman to be President of the Council. As City Council President Cathy championed the Atlanta BeltLine, a project to transform abandoned rail-corridors circling downtown into mixed-use recreational trails and transit. She also made sustainability a priority, creating the city’s first-ever energy policy, and founded the “Dirty Dozen,” a pilot program to fix the worst code violations in the city.
Cathy, a graduate of the University of Georgia, has served as a Peace Corps volunteer, a National Field Director for the Human Rights Campaign, and as Executive Vice President of Global Advocacy and External Relations at CARE. She also worked with Planned Parenthood and Georgia Equality in arguing against the controversial “Religious Freedom” bill in Georgia that was eventually vetoed by Governor Deal. Cathy also served as the interim director for AID Atlanta, an organization providing care for those suffering from HIV and AIDS.
Cathy’s campaign for Mayor of Atlanta is now hiring fundraising staff. Prior campaign and fundraising experience is not required. Responsibilities include:
- Working directly with Cathy Woolard and her supporters
- Organizing and coordinating fundraising events
- Compiling and analyzing data, research
- Developing and implementing strategic plans
Applicants for this position must:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to write clearly and concisely
- Be able to balance and prioritize multiple projects
- Have proven organizational skills
- Be personable and enjoy working with others
- Be comfortable communicating on the telephone
- Ideally, have database experience
To apply, e-mail a resume and a cover letter resume to Lori@CathyForAtlanta.com.