The ECF’s Climate Policy Team currently accepts applications for an enthusiastic and highly driven individual to join its Brussels team as “EU Climate Policy Intern” and gain professional experience in political communications on EU climate policy and politics.
This role is an exciting opportunity for graduate / young professional with a sincere interest in climate and energy issues to engage and play an active role in helping speed up the zero- carbon transition in Europe.
Duties and responsibilities:
The EU Climate Policy Intern will be responsible for:
• Working with the team on framing the need for the EU to increase its climate ambition
• Preparation of presentations, short briefings and other input materials for team discussions
• Research into EU climate policy developments at international, EU and national level
• Planning and coordination conferences and events
• Maintenance and development of contact databases
• Support the team on grantee reporting, grant management and other administrative tasks
Key competencies and characteristics:
• A genuine interest in the mission and values of the ECF
• Fast-learning self-starter comfortable to work in a fast-paced international environment
• Professional experience or academic background in the fields of EU climate, energy or transport policy, or in EU / international affairs
• Policy-savvy with proven experience in writing / editing ?/ proof-reading
• Superior English language skills, both written and verbal; knowledge of any other EU ?languages welcome
• Excellent knowledge of Power Point, Excel and contact database tools
• Ability to work independently and in a team
• Appreciation of the vital role of administrative tasks
What we can offer:
• The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, European group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with ambition and a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work
• On-the-job mentoring and a space to develop and challenge yourself
• Introductions to the ECF’s vast network of stakeholders in the climate- and energy field
• A 6-months fixed term contract
• A salary in line with internships in the EU institutions
Location Brussels, Belgium
Start date June 2018
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a short cover letter in English to the following email address: Apply-EUClimatePolicyIntern@europeanclimate.org
Please, indicate ‘Recruitment – EU Climate Policy Intern ´ in the Subject line.
Candidates need to be in the possession of a work permit for the work location in case applicable. Telephone calls will not be forwarded to the recruitment team. Due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated confidentially.
Deadline for applications 13 May 2018
Early applications are encouraged, and an appointment may be made before the deadline if the right candidate is found.
For more information, see http://www.devnetjobs.org/jobdescription.aspx?job_id=124472