About Fair Trade USA:Fair Trade USA, a four-time winner of Fast Company Magazine’s Social Capitalist award, promotes sustainable development and corporate social responsibility. We are an entrepreneurial, non-profit organization and the leading independent third-party certifier of Fair Trade products in the U.S. Our unique market-based model for sustainability links millions of farming families in the developing world to more than 800 leading US companies through more direct, equitable trading partnerships. Fair Trade allows farming families to improve their living standards and cultivate hope for the future while protecting the environment. At the same time, we strengthen global supply chains and make sustainability a driver of profitability for the business community. Since 1999, Fair Trade USA has channeled over $300 million in additional income to hardworking farmers and farm workers around the world.
Fair Trade USA is a fast-paced, dynamic environment driven by a passion for doing good in the world. We seek bright, talented changemakers who are passionate about our mission. We are social entrepreneurs, flexible and adaptive to change. We value integrity, innovation, idealism and impact.
Overview of Position:
In May 2013, Fair Trade USA began a process to create a game-changing new Impact Management System (IMS) for defining, measuring and communicating the value we enable for farmers & workers, for businesses and for consumers that becomes a model for our sector. We are in the final stages of designing the IMS, and now need a highly capable individual to lead the implementation of it across our organization and to continuously improve the collection, management and reporting processes.
We seek an entrepreneurial thinker with exceptional analytical and interpersonal skills who is passionate about collaborating to make a difference in the world.
Systematic planning, data capture, analysis, and reporting
- Design and implement standardized processes for survey planning, execution, and analysis
- Analyze organization-level data and communicate key insights and learnings
- Support development of the overall IMS implementation plan
Internal and external stakeholder collaboration in implementation
- Collaborate with supply chain managers in each of our product categories to plan studies, design surveys and analyze results
- Partner with organizations or institutions to run deep dive studies in select regions, product categories, etc.
- Support fundraising efforts for the IMS
Continuous improvement of the IMS
- Refine tools and processes for data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Incorporate learnings from deep dives and organization-level analyses into the overall framework
- Build relationships with Subject Matter Experts and other development organizations to learn from their monitoring and evaluation experiences
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Strong analytical, evaluation design and methodological skills spanning a broad mix of quantitative and qualitative approaches (i.e., marketing research, statistics, monitoring and evaluation)
- Experience in survey methodology and monitoring social or environmental outcomes in a development context
- Ability to synthesize and present complex data in a simple, meaningful way
- Experience collaborating and communicating effectively with diverse professionals and cultures
- Familiarity with social and environmental certifications and impact measurement is a plus
- Strong work ethic, and likes to have fun on the job
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership in prior roles
- A passion for Fair Trade USA’s mission, vision, and accomplishments
How to apply
To Apply: Please submit both a cover letter and a resume to the attention of Mike Vincent through the Careers section of our website www.fairtradeusa.org