Nunn School Academic Services Student Assistant Position
The Nunn School is seeking an undergraduate student to assist with advising, career and student services activities. The ideal candidate is tech savvy, a self-starter with a strong work ethic, pays attention to details, has a customer service and problem-solving orientation, and excellent interpersonal skills. He or she should demonstrate a commitment to the position through excellent attendance, timely completion of tasks, and a willingness to be flexible.
Position: Temporary, minimum 2 semester commitment
Start: May 2017
Hours: 10-20 hours per week/flexible scheduling
Location: Habersham, Academic Services Suite
- Development and maintenance of communications materials, including proofreading and editing
- Management of websites and social media (ex., T-square, Advising Blog, Weekly Digest, Facebook, etc.)
- Graphics/design of flyers, infographics, and marketing/recruitment visual media
- Maintain recruitment, advising, internship, career, graduate study and study abroad data and information
- Logistics for guest speakers/luncheons, information sessions, site/career visits, etc.
- File management, web research, data entry and report generation
- Filing, photocopying, mailing, faxing and phone, plus other duties as assigned
- Strong planning and organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and follow instruction
- Strong oral and written communication skills and high attention to detail
- Business or social event/travel and logistics planning experience
- Excellent word processing, database management and website editing skills. Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Publisher, and aptitude for learning new computer skills. High proficiency in using Google applications, blog and social media software (ex., WordPress, YouTube, Facebook), and knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, graphic design and photo editing software (ex., PhotoShop).
- Enthusiasm for working with the Nunn School and Ivan Allen College and comfortable working in a team environment
Interested candidates should email a portfolio highlighting their experience, skills, software program proficiency and work history to firstname.lastname@example.org. The portfolio should include a resume and cover letter, links to websites/blogs that you have developed/maintained, and examples of flyers/posters/media you have designed/created. Please also indicate your specific summer availability in your cover letter (days/hours you could work up to 20 hours per week).
Please submit your materials to email@example.com by Wednesday, May 17, 2017. Indicate “INTA Assistant Position” in the subject line of the email.