The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party is the European political family, bringing together parties with common liberal, democrat and reform ideas from more than 30 European countries. Its role is to strengthen the liberal democrat movement throughout Europe, define a common political vision and communicate it effectively to European citizens. The Brussels-based Secretariat of the ALDE Party supports the activities of the party, organises its meetings, manages its external communication and facilitates European policy development and networking amongst liberal parties. To support our activities, we are now seeking a Communication Intern (m/f).
As Communication Unit Intern, you will work on a wide variety tasks including the preparation towards the 2019 European Elections Campaign. This role will give you the opportunity to experience and get involved in all parts of political communication and at the same time, greatly enhance your experience of the workings of a European political party.
- Assist with Individual Membership programme more specifically through administrative support to new membership applications; support to management of political projects; communication with members and online community management and support to organisation of Individual Members events;
- Assist Events & Fundraising Unit with communications around recruitment of Individual Members;
- Assistance with all aspects of political communication – drafting text for social media, website, newsletter and the printed Bulletin;
- Research good political practices on Snapchat and evaluate if a use by the Party should be envisaged;
- Assist in digitalising and referencing our pictures archive;
- Other assistance to the Head of the Communication unit as required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English essential, other languages an asset;
- Pro-active and responsive with ability to quickly understand tasks and situations;
- Proficient user of Snapchat and/or Instagram Stories;
- Efficiency, strong work ethic, attention to detail, and a highly organised approach;
- Some background knowledge of and interest in European Institutions & the European liberalism;
- Experience in a members based organisation is an asset.
- A young and dynamic international environment;
- A role in which the candidate will be offered multiple opportunities for development and learning;
- A paid ‘contrat d’insertion professionnelle’ for six months (beginning January 2018).
To apply, please send a CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com by 10 December 2017 at 12:00 CEST, mentioning your last name + vacancy reference in the subject line e.g. “FIRST AND LAST NAME – Communication Intern 2018”.