At the Kroc School, aspiring peacebuilders arrive as impassioned optimists and graduate to become social entrepreneurs, business owners, government officials, non-profit and civic leaders—all working for peace and justice in the world.
2017 Peace Research Call for Applications to work with Women PeaceMakers for eight weeks to write case studies documenting the women’s peacebuilding work in their home countries.
Peace Researcher Application Deadline: June 30, 2017
The Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice (IPJ), at the University of San Diego’s Kroc School of Peace Studies, is currently accepting applications for its Women PeaceMakers Program. The new Women PeaceMakers Program will offer a unique fellowship for peacebuilders, focused on strengthening and improving peace efforts in conflict-affected communities around the world.
Two peace researchers will be selected to work together with Women PeaceMakers to map the methods used and challenges faced in conflict contexts around the globe. For 2017-18, the focus of the program is on local and global peacebuilders’ engagement with the security sector.
Each Peace Researcher will conduct interviews with two peacemakers in residence at the IPJ from September 25 – November 17, 2017. Based on those interviews, researchers will produce two case studies, one based on each of their peacemakers’ conflict situations.
Peace Researchers will be selected through a competitive application process and possess the following qualifications:
* Graduate degree, or current enrollment in a graduate or postgraduate program, related to peace studies, conflict resolution, human rights, international relations or gender studies.
* Outstanding writing skills.
* Demonstrated experience in qualitative research methods; familiarity with narrative inquiry and analysis, as well as semi-structured interviewing methods, preferred.
* Familiarity with the field of women, peace and security. Past research or publications related to the field is preferred.
* Experience conducting interviews in a cross-cultural setting. Applicants must be able to work closely with people for whom English is a second language.
* Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
Job Category: Fellowship/Post-Doc
Complete the application available online and submit to Jennifer Freeman, Senior Program Officer for Women, Peace and Security.
Application Website: click here
Contact Name: Jennifer Freeman
Contact Email: email@example.com
Expiration Date: 06/30/2017