Diversity and Inclusion Fellowship
The Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA) seeks a Diversity and Inclusion Fellow for 2018. Working with APSIA staff, fellows will assist in APSIA’s outreach to communities traditionally underrepresented in the field of international affairs. In 2018, APSIA will particularly focus on multicultural communities within a US context.
- Assess the diversity of APSIA’s membership through background research and data analysis.
- Assist in the execution of APSIA’s Diversity Forum programs, including but not limited to
- Participant recruitment
- Speaker recruitment
- Sponsor cultivation and stewardship
- Document preparation
- Event support.
- Research APSIA alumni from communities traditionally underrepresented in international affairs.
- Create social media, website, and other tools to share their stories.
- Identify opportunities to expand awareness of APSIA and its work within traditionally underrepresented communities, especially in the US context for 2018.
- Lay the groundwork for diversity and inclusion initiatives outside of the US in 2019+.
- Current master’s level (or higher) student at an APSIA member school.
- Experience working with multicultural communities in a US context. Understanding of diversity and inclusion in higher education strongly preferred.
- Experience with event planning and office management.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills in English. Additional language skills a plus.
- Experience with MS-Office Suite, Canva, WordPress, MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, social media scheduling tools (ex: Hootsuite), and related tools. Basic HTML helpful.
- Eligibility to work in the United States
Compensation: $15 / hour for 10-12 hours per week (depending on the time of year)
At a minimum, the fellow should be available for the 2018 Spring and Summer semesters. APSIA would like to find candidates who will be available throughout the year.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Executive Director Carmen Mezzera at apsia AT apsia.org with the subject Diversity Fellowship_FamilyName. Please include your desired beginning and end dates in your cover letter.
Apply by November 7, 2017.
APSIA does not have the ability to support visas or work permits. However, if APSIA members outside the United States wish to arrange work authorization, we are open to this possibility. APSIA actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, gender, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, national origin, or political affiliation.