The Environmental Working Group (EWG) is a national, non-partisan organization that uses the power of information to protect the environment and human health.
The role of DIRECTOR OF GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS is to help develop and execute EWG’s federal and state grassroots and direct lobbying strategies and capabilities. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, including the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Extensive relationships with Congressional staff and Administration policy personnel are essential. Must have knowledge of the legislative and regulatory process. College degree with at least 5 years experience in government affairs, including 3 years Hill experience.
- Help lead EWG’s team of government affairs professionals and retained lobbyists;
- Working collaboratively with EWG’s press, publications, research and agricultural teams to develop political and policy positions on critical issues affecting EWG;
- Develop and maintain EWG relationships with Member of Congress, Congressional staff, key Administration officials, state legislators and representatives from other stakeholders;
- Leveraging, overseeing, and contributing to federal and state lobbying communications to EWG’s online supporters;
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with coalition partners on a wide range of federal and state legislative issues;
- Drafting written testimony, reports, and other materials designed to support EWG’s policy objectives.
- Serving as an expert on EWG policy issues through traditional and social media.
- Serve on EWG management team