About Ideas to Serve
“I2S is primarily a competition of ideas where creativity, imagination, and technology are applied to solving social and/or environmental problems. The competition is for current Georgia Tech students and recent alumni who have early stage product/service ideas or venture concepts that are geared towards creating a better world through students who Dare to Care. Entries might focus on reducing poverty, alleviating hunger, promoting health and wellness, improving air and water quality, reducing of the rate of depletion of natural resources, or developing alternate sources of energy…just to name a few!
I2S is open to all GT students and young alumni (Spring, Summer and Fall 2016 graduates) that are working on a project that has the potential to solve a local or global social or environmental problem. Teams can be comprised of one individual or multiple members. Not all team members have to be GT students, but at least one of the founders has to be a GT student in order for the team to be eligible.
- March 10: I2S Bootcamp (Competitors highly encouraged to attend)
- March 17: Intent to Compete Form Due
- March 30: Submission Deadline – 9 pm
- April 12: Finalist Teams Announced
- April 19: Poster Showcase & Awards Ceremony – 6 – 8:30 pm”
“We are kicking off the 2017 Ideas to Serve competition with a I2S Bootcamp! The Bootcamp will be held on Friday, March 10, from 1 – 5pm in Scheller Room 223. There will be three workshops that will help students move their ideas forward:
- Developing a Winning Pitch
- Conducting Meaningful Interviews
- Empathy: Understanding Those You Serve”