The Center for Academic Success is looking for highly motivated students capable of tutoring both core and major related courses.
1-to-1 Tutors provide individual and small group tutoring sessions to currently enrolled Georgia Tech students. All of our tutors participate in a training and certification program focused on developing practical and transferable skills for their future careers.
In order to support a course, 1-to-1 Tutors must have earned an “A” in the course at Georgia Tech (Transfer / AP Credits Not Eligible).
- Check TutorTrac daily to review tutoring schedule and be punctual for all scheduled tutoring sessions
- Provide a minimum of seven hours of availability per week for tutoring sessions
- Track hours worked and complete timesheets accordingly
- Complete required Peer Tutor Training course in the first semester of tutoring
- Attend all trainings and biweekly meetings
- Georgia Tech undergraduate student in Good Academic Standing and Good Judicial Standing
- Have completed at least one full semester at Georgia Tech
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be eligible to support a minimum of five courses, including currently enrolled courses. Grades will be pulled at the beginning and end of each semester to ensure requirements are met.
- Be available to tutor at least seven hours per week
- Have a faculty reference
- Be available to enroll in the training course, CETL 2001: Fundamentals of Peer Tutoring, on Thursdays at 11:05 – 11:55 AM during the first semester of tutoring
Starting Salary: $9.00 per hour
Hours: 7 to 20 hours per week*
Apply here: http://success.gatech.edu/tutoring-application