CLEO is a non-profit organization. Since 1968, CLEO has helped more than 7,000 low-income and minority students become successful members of the legal profession. The College Scholars Program seeks to continue this standard of excellence through a collaborative effort between CLEO and colleges and universities throughout the United States.
Preparing talented, motivated, yet under-represented students to successfully gain admission to and succeed in law school. The ASAP program curriculum will focus on aspects of the law school application process that are commonly overlooked or undervalued by students when applying to law school.
· Selecting a law school,
· Writing an effective personal statement,
· Choosing sources for letters of recommendations,
· Preparing strategies for the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) and understanding the impact of LSAT scores and Grade Point Averages (GPA) in the selection process,
· Understanding the significance of the early application process offered by many law schools
· Managing Debt and developing credit worthiness
· Common errors committed by law school applicants