The Exploratory Advising Office is hosting virtual drop-ins for the upcoming registration period to assist students starting next week (April 10th-April 14th).
Virtual Drop-In Instructions
If you already have access to Microsoft Teams
If you DO NOT have access to Microsoft Teams
- Download the Microsoft Teams desktop or mobile application and log in.
- Once you have logged into to Teams with your GT credentials in Microsoft Teams, click here to access the Teams.
- Please request to join the team. An advisor will let you in shortly after requesting to join during drop-in hours. (April 10th – April 14th, from 9am-4pm.)
Once you are in the Team
- You will first notice a “General” page. We are using this page as our sign-in sheet. Please only post one time per visit.
- You will be able to post a question or what you’re interested in for advising. For example, if I’m here for a change of major process, then you will post “Change of Major Process.”
- An advisor will send you an individual chat when you are next in line and ask if you’d like to type a chat back and forth or do a video call.
- If, for any reason, you need to leave before being helped, please reply to your own chat with “I will come back later.”
- If you do not respond to the individual chat in 3 minutes, the advisor will need to move on to the next student, and you will have to put yourself back into the advising queue with a new chat.