If you have a registration question, please thoroughly read all of the info below. If your question is not answered below, I will respond as soon as possible. Please note that I will only be addressing registration issues and will be available again for long-term academic planning and career/internship advice, as well as incoming major changes, beginning January 17.
If you’d like to make an appointment, my availability is listed on the Advising Portal at http://advisor.gatech.edu. I have Drop-In Advising hours on Zoom and Habersham 156 from 10am – 12noon on the following Wednesdays during Registration: January 11.
If you would like to add a Global Development, European Studies, or International Affairs minor, please email me so that I can add you to the Advising Portal to set up the appointment.
–CHANGE OF MAJOR–
Changing out of INTA or IAML: you must first meet with the new department/school to obtain their signature and then email the completed and signed form to Stephanie Jackson.
Changing into INTA or IAML: appointments will be available and forms will be signed beginning January 17. Learn more about our curriculum and resources at https://intaadvising.gatech.edu/academic-support/change-of-major-information-for-nunn-school-students-2023/.
— SCHEDULING REMINDERS —
1. COURSE RESTRICTIONS: The following fall courses are restricted to INTA/IAML/EIA majors only: INTA 2010, 3203, 3301, and 4500 are major-restricted for the term. Non-majors will not be allowed to enroll. No exceptions are made to this policy. All other INTA courses are open to all majors. Check OSCAR for full information on any prerequisites and restrictions in other subjects.
2. INDEPENDENT STUDY COURSES: If you plan to conduct an independent study project with an INTA faculty member (called a Special Problems/Directed Study Course), your completed special problems application should be submitted by January 11 at 2pm. The form is available on Canvas or at https://b.gatech.edu/3BQZABZ.
3. ACADEMIC CREDIT FOR INTERNSHIPS: Form must be completed online and submitted by January 11 at 2pm. The form can be found on Canvas or at https://b.gatech.edu/3iAKXLO.
1. OVERLOADS: There are no overloads in INTA courses, so schedule as soon as your time ticket opens. Information about overloads in non-INTA classes is available at http://www.registrar.gatech.edu/registration/oprequest.php.
2. LANGUAGE CLASSES: For all language courses, the language of instruction must be the same as the language of learning. English-taught culture courses will not apply to language requirements. Be sure to check the instructional language when registering.
3. PASS/FAIL: INTA and IAML majors can take Lab Science, Technology, Math, and Free Elective classes pass/fail. EIA majors can take Free Elective classes pass/fail. You must decide if you want to take a class pass/fail by drop day. The number of pass/fail hours you are allowed to take is based on your total credits completed at Tech. Guidelines: https://intaadvising.gatech.edu/faq/passfail-or-letter-grade/ and http://www.catalog.gatech.edu/rules/10.
4. 39-HOUR UPPER-DIVISION RULE: INTA majors must have 15 hours of 3/4XXX credit in the HTS, technology, language, cluster, or free electives requirements. EIA majors must have 12 hours of 3/4XXX credit in the HTS, technology, language, cluster, free, or ECON/INTA elective requirements. Learn more: https://intaadvising.gatech.edu/academic-support/the-39-hour-rule/.
5. Please remember that your last 36 credits of your degree MUST be completed AT or THROUGH Georgia Tech.
— REGISTRATION TOOLS —
1. Permits/Overloads/Waitlists in other departments: http://www.registrar.gatech.edu/registration/oprequest.php
2. Registration Assistance Videos: https://registrar.gatech.edu/registration/registration-assistance.
3. Play our Registration Simulation Game to get answers to some of your frequently asked questions.
4. Elective Course Descriptions: Check out our course trailers or visit http://www.inta.gatech.edu/programs/courses
5. INTA Certificates: http://www.inta.gatech.edu/programs/undergraduate/certificates
6. Program and Degree Requirement FAQs: http://www.intaadvising.gatech.edu/category/faq/
7. Looking for something? Check INTA Undergraduate Resources on Canvas for Announcements and other Resources: https://canvas.gatech.edu/
If you cannot find the answer to your question from any of the information provided above, you may contact email@example.com for assistance. We appreciate your patience during this busy time.