If you have a registration question, please thoroughly read all of the info below. If your question is not answered below, I will respond as soon as possible. Please note that I will only be addressing registration issues until January 19 and will be available again for long-term academic planning and career/internship advice, as well as incoming major changes, beginning January 20.
If you’d like to make an appointment, my availability is listed on the Advising Portal at http://advisor.gatech.edu. All advising appointments are virtual/remote. I have Drop-In Advising hours via BlueJeans from 10am – 12noon on the following Wednesdays during Registration: January 13.
–CHANGE OF MAJOR–
Changing out of INTA, IAML, or EIA: you must first meet with the new department/school to obtain their signature and then email the completed and signed form to Stephanie Jackson.
Changing into INTA, IAML, or EIA: appointments will be available and forms will be signed beginning January 20. Learn more about our curriculum and resources at https://intaadvising.gatech.edu/academic-support/change-of-major-information-for-nunn-school-students-fall-2020/.
If this is your first year at Tech and you are an INTA, IAML, or EIA major and you have a First-Year Advising hold on your account, you haven’t completed the mandatory First-Year Advising Course. Once you complete that, the hold will be lifted.
— SCHEDULING REMINDERS —
1. COURSE RESTRICTIONS: The following spring courses are restricted to INTA/IAML/EIA majors only: INTA 2001, 2010, 3203, 3301, and 4500 are major-restricted for the term. Non-majors will not be allowed to enroll. No exceptions are made to this policy. INTA 2030 is taught at the GT Lorraine campus in France. If you are not enrolled at the campus, you cannot take the class. All other INTA courses are open to all majors. Check OSCAR for full information on any pre-requisites and restrictions in other subjects.
2. COURSE MODES AND EXPECTATIONS: Courses are being offered in residential/face-to-face, hybrid, and online/remote modes this spring. Find out the course expectations for specific courses on OSCAR. Read more at https://registrar.gatech.edu/info/course-delivery-methods-spring-2021.
3. INDEPENDENT STUDY COURSES: If you plan to conduct an independent study project with an INTA faculty member (called a Special Problems/Directed Study Course), your completed special problems application should be submitted for Spring 2021 by Wednesday, January 20 at 2pm. The form is available on Canvas or at https://b.gatech.edu/3l5N2PP.
4. ACADEMIC CREDIT FOR INTERNSHIPS: Form must be completed online and submitted for Spring 2021 by January 20. Form can be found on Canvas or at https://b.gatech.edu/2U0cLhf.
1. OVERLOADS: There are no overloads in INTA courses, so schedule as soon as your time ticket opens. Information about overloads in non-INTA classes is available at http://www.registrar.gatech.edu/registration/oprequest.php.
2. PASS/FAIL: INTA and IAML majors can take Lab Science, Technology, Math, and Free Elective classes pass/fail. EIA majors can take Free Elective classes pass/fail. You must decide if you want to take a class pass/fail by drop day. The number of pass/fail hours you are allowed to take is based on your total credits completed at Tech. Guidelines: https://intaadvising.gatech.edu/faq/passfail-or-letter-grade/ and http://www.catalog.gatech.edu/rules/10.
3. 39-HOUR UPPER-DIVISION RULE: INTA majors must have 15 hours of 3/4XXX credit in the HTS, technology, language, cluster, or free electives requirements. EIA majors must have 12 hours of 3/4XXX credit in the HTS, technology, language, cluster, free, or ECON/INTA elective requirements.
4. Please remember that your last 36 credits of your degree MUST be completed AT or THROUGH Georgia Tech.
— REGISTRATION TOOLS —
1. Permits/Overloads/Waitlists in other departments: http://www.registrar.gatech.edu/registration/oprequest.php
2. Registration Assistance Videos: https://registrar.gatech.edu/registration/registration-assistance.
3. Play our Registration Simulation Game to get answers to some of your frequently asked questions.
4. Elective Course Descriptions: Check out our course trailers or visit http://www.inta.gatech.edu/programs/courses
5. INTA Certificates: http://www.inta.gatech.edu/programs/undergraduate/certificates
6. Program and Degree Requirement FAQs: http://www.intaadvising.gatech.edu/category/faq/
7. Looking for something? Check INTA Undergraduate Resources on Canvas for Announcements and other Resources: https://canvas.gatech.edu/
I appreciate your patience during this busy time.