This is a complete cross-cultural experience that has a little bit of everything – classes, community, travel, and homestay!
Easily one of the most charming cities in Spain, and famous worldwide for its culture, monuments, traditions and artistic heritage, Seville is a very special place!
Learn about the everyday life of Spain by living with a host family and participating in a partner program with Spanish natives.
Enjoy various cultural activities, an excursion to Ronda (a one-of-a-kind mountain top city with spectacular views) and a trip to Tavira (a charming town on the Algarve coast of Portugal).
Take advantage of 3 free weekends to explore beautiful Seville, or travel to other cities and countries on your own.
* Students with no previous language study are welcomed and encouraged to apply to this program!
Here’s the link to apply: https://atlas.gatech.edu/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgram&Prog…
An overview of the city of Seville is available on YouTube.
May 11 – June 13, 2019
Centro MundoLengua (https://www.centromundolengua.com/locations/seville)
An overview of the Centro MundoLengua school is available on YouTube.
Homestay with a Spanish family in centrally located apartments with three meals daily, free wi-fi and weekly laundry service.
An overview of what it’s like living with a host family is available on YouTube.
Students choose one of the following options:
- SPAN 1001 & 1002: Elementary Spanish with an emphasis on Culture
- SPAN 2001 & 2002: Intermediate Spanish with an emphasis on Culture
Total credits: 6
*Note: Students may participate in both Spain Visit & Live it! and LBAT Spain during the same summer to earn 12 credits.
None. *Students who have had no language study are encouraged to apply to this program!
- The Program Fee is $4,400. Fee includes classes at Georgia Tech host institution Centro MundoLengua, housing in pairs with homestay families, three meals per day with family, laundry services, wi-fi, a trip to Ronda, a trip to Tavira, multiple cultural excursions, and health insurance.
- Program Fee does not include: 6 credit hours tuition, international airline tickets, independent ground transportation and meals outside of the host home.
- HOPE scholarships apply. The School of Modern Languages offers a small competitive Campoamor Scholarship. Contact OIE for other potential funding opportunities.