Undergraduate and graduate (Masters) summer 2019 degree candidates who have two or fewer classes remaining to complete degree requirements after the spring 2019 term will be eligible to request participation in the spring 2019 ceremony. Applicants must be in GOOD ACADEMIC STANDING and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 for Bachelors, 2.7 for Masters. Extenuating personal and family circumstances or issues related to the proximity of the student’s home to Atlanta will also be taken into consideration.
- Summer students will receive the same ticket allotment as a spring student.
- Students will not be able to RSVP prior to approval.
- Summer students will not be listed in the spring program. Students may request a copy of the Fall 2019 program be mailed to them.
- Summer students will not receive honor cords for the spring ceremony.
- Summer students will have their name called as they walk across stage.
Students must apply for summer graduation before completing and submitting the petition to walk early at the spring 2019 ceremony.
Deadline to submit your summer 2019 Online Application for Graduation: Wednesday, March 6, 2019
Deadline to submit your request to participate in the spring Commencement ceremony: Wednesday, March 6, 2019
We cannot guarantee that summer graduates will be able to participate in spring commencement, as this is based on available space.
The early participation policy and petition is available for our summer 2019 degree candidates here: http://www.commencement.gatech.edu/students/summer-graduates
If you have further questions, please contact Ansley Sharp, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Registrar’s Office.