President’s Undergraduate Research Awards fund student salaries to conduct undergraduate research with Georgia Tech faculty and offset travel expenses for undergraduates to present their research at professional conferences. Between two hundred and three hundred competitive awards are offered each year.
Rules and Eligibility
- Applicant must be an undergraduate student in good standing (GPA > 2.0).
- A Georgia Tech faculty mentor or GTRI scientist is required for the proposed research project.
- Students are not allowed to receive academic course credit for a research project funded by PURA.
- Students are limited to one salary award per academic year (Fall, Spring, or Summer).
- Students are not eligible for PURA funding if the research project is receiving funding from another source.
- All awarded salary students are required to submit a final report and optional short video outlining their research project and experience, and this must be submitted by the last day of finals of the award semester.
- Please note that per Georgia Tech’s Training in Responsible Conduct of Research Policy, it is a requirement for awarded salary students to complete an online ethics training course. The training must be completed prior to the start of the research semester.
- Co-op students or students with full-time paid internships during a semester may not accept PURA funding during that same semester.
How to Apply
The two major components of the salary application are the research project proposal and the letter of recommendation from the applicant’s faculty mentor.
Deadline to Apply
Summer 2023: February 24th
Learn more here.
Apply though online application here.