Do you study Political Science, International Relations, Defence studies or Security studies?
Are you an interdisciplinary candidate with qualifications in Economics, Finance, or Human Resources?
Have you studied Information Technology, Web or Graphic design, Library Sciences orTranslation?
Do you study Aeronautics or Engineering?
Do you have a background in Media or Journalism?
Do you speak Russian, Ukrainian or Arabic?
Are you able to conduct independent research and analysis?
NATO needs your skills !
We have opened the 16th call for applications for NATO-funded and GRANT-funded internships for placements in 2019. Each vacancy is opened for 4 weeks.
Regularly consult our website as every day we will be opening more internship vacancies!
The NATO Internship Programme has four main objectives:
- To provide the Organisation with access to the latest theoretical and technical knowledge that the intern can apply through practical work assignments, as well as with additional staff resources.
- To provide interns with an opportunity to learn from the NATO community and get a better understanding and a more balanced view of the Organisation.
- To contribute to creating a more diverse workforce.
- To expand understanding of NATO in Alliance countries.
What do we offer?
2 Internship Programmes:
- NATO-funded Programme: open once a year to all eligible candidates.
- GRANT-funded Programme: open all throughout the year to candidates who are awarded a scholarship by their university or a governmental institution.
Unique experience: A once in a lifetime opportunity to learn during 6 months from the NATO community and gain valuable work experience together with a better understanding of the Alliance.
- Internship stipend: If you are selected through the NATO-funded programme, you will receive a monthly stipend of 1,049.65€ (based on 2018).
- Travel: Upon the confirmation of the start date of internship by the Internship Office, we will provide you with a prepaid flight/train ticket (based on a return economy ticket and for an amount of up to 1,200€). If you travel by car, we will be reimburse you travel costs as well.
- Leave: You will be entitled to have 15 days of leave for the full period of 6 months.
In-house training: During the internship, we organize an Induction programme and various briefings to provide you with an overview of NATO’s activities and structure. The monthly briefings constitute a unique opportunity to meet and discuss topics of interest with highly experienced staff across the Alliance. Visits to external institutions are also part of the training programme.
In order to apply for an internship at NATO, you must fulfil all criteria outlined below on the application date:
- Age: you will be over 21 years of age
- Nationality: you will be a citizen of a NATO Member State.
- Educational status:
- you will be a university student: you have completed at least two years successfully and are enrolled in your third year or
- you will have obtained your highest degree less than a year ago
- Languages: you will have proficiency in one of the two official NATO languages (English and French), and a working knowledge of the other will be considered as an asset. Knowledge of other languages will be an advantage as specified in the internship description.
Learn more and view postings: https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/71157.htm