ABOUT THE POSITION
The Alliance for Securing Democracy is seeking fall interns to assist with research on malign actors’ attempts to undermine democracies. Interns will be responsible for tracking and compiling research and developments in this area, including tracking real-time developments in Europe and the United States, and researching partner organization’s work.
Interns will benefit from exposure to GMF’s network, and will gain valuable research, analysis, and writing experience. During COVID-19, all internships will be on a remote, work-from-home basis.
Internships are paid and offer an ideal opportunity to acquire substantive professional experience for those interested in a career in public policy or international affairs.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Compiling existing research on malign actors’ attempts to undermine democracies, including in-depth looks at the range of tools that actors like China, Russia, and Iran use and the places in which they deploy them.
- Contributing to ASD’ work to research and track foreign attempts to interfere in upcoming elections.
- Providing research and writing support for ASD products, including the weekly newsletter.
- Assisting with arranging and coordinating meetings and other events focused on this set of issues.
- Producing summaries of hearings and events relevant to ASD’s work.
- Helping build a database of contacts, partner organizations, and related efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent analytical, writing skills and previous research experience.
- Familiarity with and interest in authoritarian efforts to undermine democratic institutions, alliances, and societies.
- Fluency in English is required; Mandarin, Farsi, or European language(s) are preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working independently.
- Graduate student pursuing a degree in International Relations, Regional Studies, Security Studies, or a related field– or a recent graduate of such a program.
- Previous experience in a think tank, foundation, NGO, government body, media outlet, or similar organization preferred.
- Strong interest in democracy, national security, disinformation, U.S.-Russia/China relations.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.