The International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) is seeking volunteer undergraduate interns to work on a part-time basis to support the activities of its Americas office in Washington DC, for Fall 2018.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Be at least a college sophomore in good standing studying security studies, international relations, or a related field. Only currently enrolled students will be considered.
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or the equivalent.
- Be proactive and a self-starter able to work in a small team environment.
- Be eligible to work in the United States. IISS–Americas regrets that it cannot assist with procuring visas or entry permits. Please include your work eligibility in your application.
Successful applicants can expect to gain direct exposure to the work and management of a leading international think tank.
- Database management.
- Assisting with Congressional and federal government outreach and external relations.
- Event, administrative, and operations support. You will be expected to assist with IISS–Americas events and daily administrative tasks. Those with previous office experience are preferred.
- Cover letter (specify dates and times available)
The resume and cover letter should be sent as two separate PDF files via email to email@example.com, with the subject line: ‘Your Name – Semester, Year External Relations Internship Application’. Please include your full name in the title for each separate document.
This internship is unpaid. Applications will not be considered complete until all materials are received. The deadline is rolling until the position is filled. Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we are unable to respond to every single one.
The International Institute for Strategic Studies – Americas
2121 K Street NW, Suite 801
Washington, DC 20037
Tel.: +1 (202) 659-1490
Fax: +1 (202) 659-1499
IISS–Americas Internship Programme FAQs
When are your application cycles?
Fall internships run from September to December. Applications open in July/August and close once all positions have been filled.
Spring internships run from January to May. Applications open in November/December and close once all positions have been filled.
Summer internships run from June to August. Applications open in March/April and close once all positions have been filled.
Can I send in a resume/cover letter outside of the regular application cycle?
Only resumes/cover letters sent during a regular application cycle will be considered.
I have just graduated from my graduate/undergraduate program. Am I eligible to apply?
No, unfortunately only currently enrolled students are eligible to apply.
Are international students eligible to apply?
Yes, international students can apply as long as you are eligible to work in the US. We regret that we cannot assist with procuring visas or entry permits.