ABOUT THE POSITION
The International Institute for Strategic Studies – Americas is seeking a volunteer graduate intern to support the activities of its office in Washington, DC, for Spring 2020.
Successful applicants can expect to gain direct exposure to the work and management of a leading international think tank. The intern will provide research support for IISS fellows and researchers in the Conflict, Security, and Development Programme (CSDP) who are based in London. The preferred candidate will have an interest in and some familiarity with armed conflict and/or non-state armed groups. As an integral part of the Washington office team, the intern will also be available to provide research and some administrative support for other activities as needed but with priority on support to the CSDP researchers.
- Be currently enrolled in a graduate program studying security studies, international relations, or a related field. Only currently enrolled students will be considered.
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or the equivalent.
- Be proactive and a self-starter able to work in a small team environment.
- Be eligible to work in the US. IISS-Americas regrets that it cannot assist with procuring visas or entry permits.
HOW TO APPLY
- Cover letter (please specify available start and end dates and hours per week available)
- Short writing sample (no more than 5 pages) on relevant topic
The resume, cover letter, and writing sample should be sent as three separate PDF files via email to email@example.com, with the subject line: “Your Name – Spring 2020 CSDP Graduate Internship Application.” Please include your full name in the title for each separate document.
This internship is unpaid. Applications will not be considered complete until all materials are received. The deadline is 14 November. Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we are unable to respond to every single one.
For more information, click here.