ABOUT THE POSITION
The Aspen Institute is a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just, and equitable society. Since its founding in 1949, the Institute has been driving change through dialogue, leadership, and action to help solve the most critical challenges facing communities in the United States and around the world. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Institute has a campus in Aspen, Colorado, and an international network of partners.
The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is a program within the Aspen Institute. ANDE is a global network of organizations that propels entrepreneurship in emerging markets. ANDE members provide critical financial, educational, and business support services to small and growing businesses (SGBs) based on the conviction that SGBs will create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth, and produce environmental and social benefits. Ultimately, we believe that SGBs can help lift countries out of poverty. Launched with 34 members in 2009, ANDE now comprises almost 275 members who collectively operate in more than 150 countries. The ANDE team is headquartered in Washington, DC, but has eight regional offices that span Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Asia.
ANDE is looking for a Fall Intern, based in our Washington, DC office or remote. This is a part-time position.
- Day to day work involves supporting ANDE’s membership and communications teams with research, communications, database, and event projects.
- Supporting preparations for our events, such as our Annual Conference, as well as other smaller-scale events and webinars.
- Updating information in our membership database, communicating with members to confirm data, and supporting all staff with a variety of administrative needs.
- Writing and proofreading blog posts, updating website content, reviewing and compiling newsletters.
- Researching potential member opportunities, staying up to date on various topic areas of interest to ANDE members, i.e. gender equity, environmental action, job creation, etc.
You are an undergraduate or graduate student passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You love being a global citizen and jump at the chance to connect with people from other countries and cultures. You are curious about the intersection of business and global development and interested in the impact that startups, small businesses, and entrepreneurs can have on local economies. You think of yourself as an excellent team player and you are the first to raise your hand to help with any task, big or small. You take pride in focusing on details and you love the idea of using your organizational skills to benefit entrepreneurs. You have diverse interests and an abundant willingness to learn new concepts and skills.
- An undergraduate or graduate student wanting to learn about entrepreneurship in emerging markets
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Adaptable – able to support multiple ongoing projects and pivot to new tasks quickly
- Strong attention to detail
- IT Management Skills – Microsoft, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience managing databases (Salesforce experience preferable)
- Graphic design and communication skills (preferable)
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.