“Semester : Spring
Location : APSIA office at 1615 L Street NW #800, Washington DC 20036 (or virtual placements available)
Hours : Flexible, minimum two days / week strongly preferred
Compensation : Unpaid
The Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA) seeks the help of one unpaid intern each semester. Individuals who wish to gain a range of hands-on experiences in international education and discover in-depth information about graduate-level programs and career opportunities in the field of international affairs are encouraged to apply.
- Assist in the planning and management of APSIA in-person and virtual events
- Help to prepare APSIA’s internal and external communication tools, including its quarterly newsletter and member communications
- Support outreach to and the cultivation of current and prospective APSIA members, including APSIA’s membership evaluation process
- Support the daily administrative tasks of the office, including maintaining APSIA’s website, and creating posts for the Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Other duties as assigned
- Current graduate or undergraduate student in international affairs, non-profit management, political science, or related fields
- Previous office experience required
- Demonstrated ability to multitask with minimal supervision required
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills in English. Foreign language skills a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of MS-Office. Knowledge of Drupal, social media, and basic HTML helpful.
How to Apply : Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter addressed to Program Assistant Maggie Brown, and writing sample (2 pages maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your desired beginning and end dates and available number of hours per week in your cover letter.“