Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is an entry-level recruitment program to attract highly qualified and motivated individuals to ADB. The YPP provides the foundation for a challenging and rewarding professional career in an international development environment and offers a range of opportunities to develop professional skills and understanding of ADB’s operations, policies and procedures and contribute to the achievement of ADB’s Strategy 2030.
As a Young Professional, you will contribute to ADB’s mission and execution of main instruments comprising loans, technical assistance (TA), grants, advice, and knowledge. You will report to the Director or designated International Staff and may supervise National Staff and Administrative Staff.
a. Strategy and Planning
- Assist and participate towards the development of policy and strategy of ADB.
- Apply own complex specialist knowledge to support others in research and analysis including development impact of ADB operations.
- Project Management
- Assist and participate in the development, processing, and administration of non-complex loans, grants and/or TA projects.
- Support integration of ADB’s policies and guidelines in the design and implementation of projects.
- Knowledge Sharing
- Support and contribute to ADB’s activities for advocacy, dissemination, and knowledge building.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- A University degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Engineering, Environment, Law, Social Sciences, Public Policy, or other areas relevant to ADB’s operations. A post-graduate level degree or its equivalent is preferred.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in any of the following fields: macro or development economics, climate change, commercial/investment banking or corporate investment, education, energy, environment, financial sector, public health, public-private partnership, rural development, transport, urban planning, water operations, and agriculture and natural resources. PhD will be considered in lieu of work experience.
- International experience in areas related to ADB operations will be an asset.
- Not more than 32 years old upon joining ADB.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for International Staff level IS1.
If you are interested, we encourage you to submit your application on or before the advertisement deadline. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for a virtual preliminary interview and written assessment in December. If successful, you will be invited for a panel interview and technical presentation in January 2023.