ABOUT THE POSITION
CT Strategies is a border management and supply chain consulting firm which provides strategic services to corporate and government clients as they seek to understand and overcome the challenges of the current international commerce and travel environment. The CT Strategies team understands the interconnected security and economic needs of the public and private sector as passengers, cargo, and conveyances move throughout the world. Our team is committed to helping our clients succeed by leveraging the experience of its leadership, who are known for leading recent changes in data-driven trade management and enforcement in the U.S., and forward-thinking analysis and market intelligence.
We are seeking a qualified intern with strong written, research, and analytical skills to support the CT Strategies client portfolio. The ideal candidate is a tenacious and curious researcher, able interpret and explain new concepts with data, and comfortable working in a dynamic client-centered environment. The ideal candidate also demonstrates creativity, an ability to learn new skills and functions quickly, and is comfortable collaborating with colleagues and partners to enhance and develop processes, products, and services. The candidate must be available to work in the Washington, D.C. area and able to commit to a full-time schedule.
- Analyze clients’ and competitors’ competitive positions within the Homeland Security market;
- Support development client-facing deliverables which meet both client needs and internally-defined levels of quality;
- Support strategy development by producing briefing materials regarding client activities, capabilities, and market position;
- Work collaboratively with client-facing team of consultants and staff to meet and exceed client expectations;
- Assist in creating customized PowerPoint presentations on policy and acquisition topics for clients;
- Perform analysis using government and subscription databases to build enhanced awareness of U.S Federal Government acquisition activity;
- Support client-facing activities including in-person meetings, video teleconference, and conference calls;
- Assist in logistical preparations for customer-driven travel and events;
- Complete administrative duties such as coordinating client meetings, updating databases, and assisting in invoice preparation;
- Monitor media sources and compile daily news briefs for both the firm and weekly client-facing newsletters.
- Undergraduate Degree preferred;
- Outstanding ability to communicate effectively in oral and written format – customer-facing experience is preferred;
- Write in a compelling and concise professional fashion;
- Demonstrate strong research and analytical skills;
- Experience with intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel functions including lookup functions and pivot tables;
- Possess strong organizational and proofreading skills;
- Work well in an energetic, collaborative environment;
- Has an entrepreneurial attitude and has demonstrable experience transforming ideas into solutions;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.