ABOUT THE POSITION
The Business & Accountability Programme focuses on strengthening implementation of human rights in relation to business activities at the national level and supporting the development of dialogue and accountability systems at international and regional levels.
As our new intern, you will be assigned a supervisor and be a part of:
- research on national and international legal and policy frameworks relating to business and human rights. This might include research in relation to national action plans on business and human rights, gender and business and human rights, development finance, public procurement, remedial mechanisms, the role of business in the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development etc.
- the development of tools and guidance on human rights and business particularly targeted at state actors
- supporting country-level projects
- the development of materials on national human tights institutions (NHRIs)
- ad-hoc tasks in relation to on-going project work
In case of questions about the position, please contact the programme manager, Elin Wrzoncki, email@example.com.
The positions are full-time remote internships of 30-37 work hours per week. We offer up to six months remote internship starting in August 2020. Duration and starting date can be negotiated. Our remote internships do not entail salary. If there is a salary requirement for interns under local legislation of the applicant’s country, we are not be able to offer the position unless the applicant works remotely from Denmark. The intern must be covered by personal or university insurance.
- A high standard first (BA) degree in human rights, law, political science, development studies or related field
- Prior experience or academic interest in human rights and/or sustainable development
- Excellent written and spoken English. Fluency in Spanish and/or French is a strong asset
- Knowledge or experience working in a business setting is an advantage
- Experience relating to development NGOs or human rights through extra-curricular activities, or other voluntary social activities, will be an advantage
- Experienced user of Microsoft package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Solid communication skills (both written and oral)
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here. Applications close June 12, 2020.