ABOUT THE POSITION
The Carlos M. Gutierrez Corporate Diplomacy fellowship is designed to provide graduate students with a deeper understanding of the relationship between business and foreign policy to prepare them for a career in international business or commercial diplomacy. One fellow a year will be selected through a competitive application process for a 6 month-long paid program. Fellows will work closely with Meridian’s corporate engagement team on co-authoring reports and communication products, policy research and outreach to corporate and diplomatic stakeholders, as well as help support engagement with the Meridian Corporate Council. Fellows will have the opportunity to grow their network by meeting high-level business government and diplomatic leaders and participating in meetings, roundtable discussions and other events. Responsibilities will vary depending on the schedule of events.
The fellowship is best suited for a student pursuing their undergraduate degree in their junior or senior year, or graduate degree with a focus and deep interest in International Business.
The ideal applicant will demonstrate:
- Interest in global issues, international affairs, and private sector engagement / business development
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Comfort working in a diverse environment with people from all over the world
- Strong organizational and writing skills; superb attention-to-detail necessary
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize between short term and long-term projects
- Familiarity and comfort with online research and marketing tools
- Computer proficiency in Windows based applications including Microsoft Word and Excel is mandatory; knowledge of database management applications, such as Salesforce, is preferred
- Must show tact and discretion due to our constant engagement with high-level government, diplomatic, and business officials
- Proven initiative and strong interpersonal skills
The Carlos Gutierrez Corporate Diplomacy Fellowship will begin in January 2020 and terminate in May/June 2020, with the option to extend through the summer and the following semester, starting in August 2020. Preference will be given to applicants who are able to extend through October 2020, to support our flagship event, the 52nd Annual Meridian Ball.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants must submit a resume, cover letter detailing their interest in this fellowship, and a writing sample of 250 words answering the question: “How do you see the role of the private sector evolving in the global landscape?”
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and essay to Ms. Charlotte Watiez, Corporate Relations Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply by September 15.
For more information, click here.