Provide professional level support to the CEISMC’s (Center for Education Integrating Science, Mathematics, and Computing) Educational Research & Evaluation Team in conducting and reporting results of educational research studies associated with program evaluation. Includes coordination and organization of research documents, collection of data through surveys and classroom observations, coding of qualitative data, and basic level of statistical analysis of data.
Impact & Influence:
This position will interact on a consistent basis with CEISMC’s Evaluation Team, research faculty, and K-12 school personnel.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with collecting research data through classroom observations, interviews, surveys, tests, etc.
- Compiling, organizing, and inputting research data in the form of K-12 student work, audio and videotaped interviews, surveys and test results.
- Assisting with conducting basic statistical analyses of quantitative research data.
- Participating in preparation of reports, presentations and manuscripts
- Assisting when needed with coordination and implementation of evaluation/data collection plans
- Performing other related duties as assigned
Education, Specialized Knowledge and Experience:
Degree required for this job: Undergraduate degree
Years of experience required for this job: Entry Level
Specialized skills required for this job:
- Highly organized with close attention to detail
- Working knowledge and experience with the principles and practices of social science research
- Basic understanding of qualitative data collection and analysis
- Skill in data organization, management and evaluation
- Understanding of basic statistics and experience with statistical analysis of data
- Basic Understanding of SPSS software, or other related statistical software (i.e. SAS, R, etc.)
- Competence with Microsoft Excel
Specialized skills preferred:
- Experience working in a research lab or group, especially working with human subjects and/or behavioral research.
The position will be available during summer 2018, starting June 1st, ending August 1st. This position is contingent upon funding.
If you are interested in the position, please forward your resume and a cover letter to Dr. Meltem Alemdar, email@example.com
**A background check is required for this position. The Georgia Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer.
You may be interacting with minors and must adhere to all regulatory compliance issues while working with CEISMC including but not limited to a criminal background check, appropriate pre-screening and training on working with minors.