ABOUT THE POSITION
At Quorum, we believe that change is best achieved when all parties have access to the information, technology, and relationships they need to make a difference. The Change Politics Internship is a 12-week, paid summer internship program aimed at helping students from underrepresented groups gain exposure to politics and the technology sector. Our interns will work within one of our five departments—business development, customer success, marketing and communications, software development, or operations. Each intern will be asked to lead an intern project. This internship program is demanding, full time, and requires an interest in technology and/or public affairs
The program is open to all freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors with a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- You’re a highly-motivated self-starter who wants to make valuable contributions to your team from Day One
- You’re an engaged learner—you want to expand your skills, get your hands dirty, and find solutions to challenging problems that may require tradeoffs
- You’re excited to pitch in wherever needed, from building help resources for clients to researching best practices for SaaS financial metrics
- You have a keen ability to build substantial, collaborative relationships with prospective clients and members of the Quorum team
- You’re an attentive listener with boundless curiosity that either has experience using what you hear to develop and execute on concise action plans or the drive to quickly learn this skill
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment where you can form real friendships with other professionals and where you have a strong sense of belonging at a growing startup
- You’re able to work as an intern full-time for at least three months
- You identify as a member of a group that is historically underrepresented in the technology sector, including veterans, ethnic or religious minorities, first generation college students, members of the LGBTQ community, women in technical roles, and/or individuals with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY
Summer 2020 Application Deadline: January 1, 2020
Along with your resume, please submit a one-page cover letter addressing the following: Why are you interested in pursuing an internship at a technology start-up? How will you benefit from participating in Quorum’s Change Politics Internship Program?
Positions are limited and applications are considered on a rolling basis. It is to your advantage to apply as early as possible.