ABOUT THE POSITION
Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education is currently accepting applications for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) Science, Technology and Policy (STP) Program.
This internship is with the U.S. Clean Energy Education and Empowerment (C3E) Initiative.
As an intern embedded within the C3E initiative, you will get to develop educationally and professionally while participating in policy-related projects at DOE’s EERE office in Washington, D.C. The goal of the C3E effort is to close the gender gap and increase participation, leadership and success of women in clean energy fields. You will collaborate with DOE Senior Program Advisors and engage closely with your mentor to move this initiative forward. You will also learn how to plan, manage and execute initiative activities, including organizing meetings and collaborations within the agency and with partnering organizations, solicitation of new ideas for how to grow the C3E, as well as new strategic directions and activities.
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study;
• Experience in/study of sustainability, energy efficiency, clean energy or related fields;
• Some experience with task level, project and budget management;
• A creative, problem solving mindset with strong critical thinking and organizational skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and team work skills;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) to effectively review and generate reports, graphs, and presentations;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a history of developing strong relationships with partners, clients and among a team ;
• Webpage design and organization
• Good writing skills, with the propensity to produce clear and effective documents, charts, graphs, presentations and reports.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.