CECP is a CEO led coalition that believes that a company’s social strategy — how it engages with key stakeholders including employees, communities, investors, and customers — determines company success.
Founded in 1999 by actor and philanthropist Paul Newman and other business leaders to create a better world through business, CECP has grown to a movement of more than 200 of the world’s largest companies that represent $6.6 trillion in revenues, $21.2 billion in societal investment, 14 million employees, and $15 trillion in assets under management. CECP helps companies transform their social strategy by providing customized connections and networking, counsel and support, benchmarking and trends, and awareness building and recognition.
CECP commits to and promotes anti-racism, anti-discrimination, and diversity, equity, and inclusion in our organization and with our affiliated companies and their leaders. We prohibit discrimination and provide equal opportunities in a respectful environment for all individuals and partnerships, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental health, disability, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status, citizenship, or any other status that may or may not be protected by law or local policies. We advocate as an organization and for our coalition companies to denounce racism, hate, injustice, and prejudice against individuals, communities, and around the world. We have written anti-racism, anti-discrimination, and diversity, equity, and inclusion policies and practices. We do not discriminate in our societal, philanthropic, and business decisions; we encourage and support our affiliated companies to do the same.
ABOUT THE POSITION
CECP is seeking a motivated candidate for a part-time academic-year internship to assist with CECP’s marketing campaigns, social media activities, public relations outreach, and stakeholder communications. The Communications and Marketing Fellow also supports the planning for CECP’s annual flagship events, including the Board of Boards, CEO Investor Forum, and the CECP Summit.
- Develop, design, and manage content (e.g., photos, videos, written content) for e-newsletters, social media, website, blog, affiliated-company communications, webinars, and other materials; deploy content through various communications platforms to target audiences.
- Write and edit articles, posts, and other communications materials to promote various projects, campaigns, and activities.
- Provide support for flagship events, roundtables, and webinars, including the creation and design of PowerPoint decks, videos, app content, handouts, and signs.
- Support creation of annual digital state of the field report, Investing in Society.
- Maintain list of industry conferences; coordinate speaking proposals and registrations.
- Support Communications and Marketing team and and affiliated companies in communications strategy.
Hours and duration:
- Part time/22 hours a week
- Flexible hours based on school schedule: typically three days a week, 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Flexible duration: typically 8-10 months in length
- Interest in working in a cutting-edge, purpose-driven, and fun work environment!
- Eagerness to be creative and take initiative on new ideas and projects.
- An understanding of CECP’s mission and goals.
- Prior internship, volunteer, or professional experience.
- The ability to undertake multiple tasks, under time pressure, in a careful, timely manner; the ability to move easily between multiple projects.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience and competence in working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent research, writing, editing, and oral communication skills and ability to develop written content quickly.
It’s a plus if you are:
- Studying media and communications, journalism, public relations, or marketing.
- Experienced in leveraging e-communications and social networking:
- Experienced with web or graphic design and development, website content management, and search engine optimization.
- Experienced in video editing tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and Pardot.
HOW TO APPLY
A stipend of $20.00/hour is offered to interns.
Please email a single PDF document containing your resume and a thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity addressed to Rebecca Marks at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.