EuroHealthNet is the European Partnership for improving health, equity, and well-being. It consists of 58 bodies from 28 European countries responsible for public health and health promotion in Europe. From our office in Brussels’ European district we coordinate research, policy, and capacity building activities which help address health inequalities and positively affect the determinants of health. There are currently 12 people in the office plus rotating internships. You can read about our work at www.eurohealthnet.eu.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
The EuroHealthNet office is an active, diverse, and dynamic work environment. We invest in people and are committed to equipping trainees with tools and knowledge for successful careers.
We are looking for a proactive, committed, and creative individual looking to expand their knowledge and experience in communications in an international environment.
The communications assistant will work in the communication department, but also assist with supportive tasks across the organisation.
The assistant will support the day-to-day activities including maintaining and updating websites, the preparation of publications such as newsletters, online magazine, a video, brochures, and monitoring national and international developments.
There will also be the opportunity to be part of the development of new tools and activities which focus on increasing engagement and interaction.
The assistant will also have a key role in the organisation of events.
Applicants should demonstrate:
- A university education in a relevant field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (native speaker level), knowledge of other European languages is an asset. Your level of English will be tested in the interview.
- The ability to understand and communicate detailed and complex subjects.
- Strong IT skills, including experience in website management and the Office suite. Further technical experience which supports the development of communication products is an asset.
- Self-starting, proactive attitude.
- Flexibility, with the ability to prioritise and manage changing demands and deadlines
- An analytical approach.
- An interest in and have some knowledge of health, public health or health inequalities.
This internship is offered full-time for 6 months. It will be offered according to Belgian national legislation.
The communication assistant will report directly to EuroHealthNet’s Communication co-ordinator.
All applicants must be qualified, eligible and able to work in Belgium. We are unfortunately not able to provide financial assistance to relocate to Brussels/Belgium.
For this position, EuroHealthNet offers a monthly compensation of €751, as well as benefits such as meal vouchers and financial support to use public transport to get to work.
Applicants should send an email to Mr. Renaud Rollet (email@example.com), with the following subject line: “Communications internship”.
Please include the following two files as attachments (do not include any other attachments):
- A CV, with filename SURNAME_FIRSTNAME_CV
- A motivation letter describing why you are suitable for the position. This should be no longer than one page, with filename SURNAME_FIRSTNAME_ML
Please note that applications that do not follow these instructions will be disregarded.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 8th August, 23:59 CEST. Interviews (Skype or in-person) with short-listed candidates will be held around 20th August, with the appointment to begin as soon as possible after that.
Thank you for your interest in EuroHealthNet.