ABOUT THE POSITION
Eurochild advocates for children’s rights and well-being to be at the heart of policymaking. We are a network of organisations working with and for children throughout Europe, striving for a society that respects the rights of children. We influence policies, build internal capacities, facilitate mutual learning and exchange practice and research. The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child is the foundation of all our work.
We are looking for a spirited storyteller with experience in creating engaging content for our website and newsletters and running digital social media channels. The Communications Intern will work directly with the Communications Officer and Head of Communications. Interns are part of the staff team and are expected to contribute to the overall work of Eurochild, as appropriate.
Responsibilities may include:
- Support the Communications team to produce and disseminate the bi-weekly newsletter for Eurochild members and the monthly public newsletter (gathering news from members and EU sources, compiling news items, summarizing and editing);
- Maintain and update the Eurochild and campaign websites (Typo3/WordPress);
- Support planning and delivery, monitoring and evaluation of social media activity including production of visual support (e.g. banners);
- Assist with the dissemination of Eurochild’s policy and advocacy work and events (press releases, press statements, policy positions, etc.);
- Assist the Communications Team in the production of printed materials;
- Maintain and update the database of contacts and audiovisual material.
- University degree or relevant experience in journalism, media and/or communications;
- Native-level written and verbal English;
- Experience working with content management systems (e.g. Typo3 and/or WordPress) and email marketing (e.g. Mailchimp or Sendinblue);
- Knowledge of other EU languages, especially French, is an advantage;
- Good knowledge and interest in design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Canva or Gimp);
- Experience of running social media channels for an organisation;
- Enthusiasm to work in a small, interdependent and international team;
- Interest or experience in working on social issues is a plus;
- Knowledge of EU institutions is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY: Click here for more information. Apply by July 14.