The Communications intern works with the Communications team on a broad range of initiatives, from routine communications updates (ex. website, email campaigns, social media, database management) to the production of printed publications, advocacy and fundraising projects, and event support. The Communications intern is also expected to provide general office administration and occasional project support for other teams.
The ideal candidate should possess a strong work ethic; flexibility and quick adaption to change; some technical background in digital engagement; interest in international affairs, public diplomacy, and/or nonprofit organizations; and professional goals that align with the mission and vision of Global Ties U.S.
Successful candidates can expect this position to be fast-paced, with several opportunities to work on multiple projects simultaneously and experiment with new platforms and strategies on a regular basis.
During the course of the semester, the Communications intern may be offered the opportunity to provide support to Global Ties U.S. exchange programs, which falls outside of the regular internship scope of work. The ideal candidate will be able to work 32-40 hours/4-5 days a week. A stipend is provided.
- Experience in writing for websites, email, social media, as well as general editing skills.
- Experience using a content management system (CMS) to write and post website content (ex. WordPress, Drupal, Tumblr, Medium, etc.)
- Experience with graphic design (ideally Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva)
- Experience with MS Office, Google Drive, or other productivity software
- Ability to work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and provide regular status updates on assignments
- Flexibility and willingness to work beyond the parameters of job description
- Background and interest in citizen diplomacy, public diplomacy, nonprofit leadership, global engagement, or international education and exchanges
Deadline: December 17, 2018
More information and to apply, please visit https://www.globaltiesus.org/