ABOUT THE POSITION
The intern will provide support to the World Renew Marketing and Communications Team in Canada by assisting the Digital Communications Associate in monitoring and engaging with World Renew’s social media platforms and performing administrative tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
This internship is for 15-20 hours per week for approximately 6 months.
Given COVID-19, this position will be based from home initially, however should circumstances change the role will be based out of our Burlington, Ontario office if/when permitted.
The application deadline is June 3, 2020.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
1. Learn and absorb:
a. Learn a basic history and terminology of World Renew (what we do, who staff are, what roles staff play, what World Renew’s vision and mission are, etc.).
b. Read promotional materials as assigned.
c. Spend time participating in office culture whenever possible (prayer, chapel, etc.).
d. Gain knowledge of and experience in the functions of communications and marketing and public relations in a non-profit organization, including attending sub- and team meetings.
e. Meet with key World Renew staff across team functions to gain a balanced perspective of what it takes to operate this ministry.
f. Attend the Core Team meetings when available
2. Communication & Direct Marketing
The Intern will work with the Digital Communications Associate and other team members of the marketing and communications department in Canada.
a. Learn about how the Digital Communications Associate works with the marketing and communications team to help tell the stories of World Renew through digital platforms.
b. Monitor World Renew social media platforms
c. Respond and engage with comments on posts across all platforms
– Responding with care, compassion, and appropriate brand language.
d. Add planned social media posts into Loomly.
e. Assist with administrative tasks as they relate to the marketing and communications team.
f. Assist with World Renew’s digital asset library Resource Space
– Uploading photos and videos
– Archive and tag current and existing collections
– Assisting users with various requests or needs
g. Help with the creation of stories for the World Renew writers.
h. Write a story about their internship experience that can be used for future promotions of internships.
i. Assist the communications team with digital promotional materials as needed.
- Able to respect and support the mission, vision and values of the CRCNA.
- Demonstrated commitment to contribute to and promote a work environment that values diversity, inclusion and equity
- Committed to working towards gender equality, equity and justice in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
- Good telephone etiquette, courteous presentation.
- Professional, cooperative demeanor; flexible and adaptable team player.
- Disciplined, self-motivated work style; able to function competently and productively with limited supervision.
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience producing content and engaging on social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram)
- Familiarity with social media management systems (Hootesuite or Loomly)
- Photography and graphic design abilities appreciated but not required
- Good writing skills with knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, spelling and general business English skills helpful.
- Computer skills in Office Suite (Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Excel) and Adobe Suite (graphic design and photo editing).
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.