40 hours per week
Start Date: January 2020
Community Stabilization Unit and USAID-OTI Programs Support Intern
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the Head of the Community Stabilization Unit (CSU), and the direct supervision of the Global Coordinator for Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) Programs, the incumbent will assist CSU and USAID-OTI Programs to provide support for IOM Washington D.C.’s office corner management and oversight responsibilities.
Under the direct responsibility of the Global Coordinator for OTI Programs:
• Provide support to the Global Coordinator for OTI Programs to contribute to strong IOM DC Corner support;
• Become familiar with IOM’s OTI-funded programs to provide backstopping support when OTI Programs Group colleagues are on duty travel;
• Participate in briefings with USAID/OTI and participate in 2 Corner and 4 Corner calls for all programs, to develop a good understanding of field procedures and rules / regulations and current programming. Assist with preparing agendas, notes and following-up on action points.
• Track political and security developments in countries where IOM implements OTI-funded programs, as well as Watch-List countries and regions;
• Support the drafting of project proposals and concept notes as well as Country Mission and thematic updates;
• Support the IOM Washington Senior HR Assistant with rapid recruitment activities, as needed;
• Research evolving trends, developments and priorities within US government, and in particular USAID, regarding transition, stabilization program and conflict prevention goals, objectives, priorities, approaches, lessons learned, best practices, etc;
• Perform any related duties, as required;
• Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent;)
• OR be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent or higher;)
• OR have graduated with a university degree and if selected, must commence the internship within one year of graduation;
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only US citizens and residents will be considered Interested individuals should send a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Application deadline is Tuesday, December 3rd, 2019.