ABOUT THE POSITION
The Congressional Liaison Office is a small team responsible for the strategic management of the Embassy’s engagement with the US Congress and for monitoring, analysing and providing advice on US political developments of interest to Australia.
The Congressional Liaison Office recruits one intern in the fall, summer and spring. Fall and spring interns usually complete three days per week and summer interns are usually full-time, however this is negotiable. The internship is unpaid.
The intern will assist with research and projects related to US elections and political developments and congressional activities of relevance to Australia including, but not limited to, foreign and trade policy; assist with the Embassy’s outreach to Congress; and perform general administrative duties, including database use.
• Have knowledge of and personal interest in US politics and elections and/or the US Congress
• Have completed a minimum of two years of a recognized college degree
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Have strong research and analytical skills
• Have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Have experience using databases
• Has the ability to show initiative
HOW TO APPLY
All enquiries about the position and the application process should be directed to email@example.com
For more information and to apply, click here.