Organization: Crisis Action (https://crisisaction.org/)
Title: Campaign and Research Assistant
Role Type: Internship
Duration: 6 Months
Allowance: € 3.60 / hour + 50% reimbursement of the “Navigo” pass as required by French law
Start Date: mid-February2018
Deadline for applications is 11:59pm Sunday, January 7th 2018
The Campaign and Research Assistant works with the Paris director and Campaigns and Advocacy Officer in a small Paris office.
Tasks and responsibilities
The intern will assist the Crisis Action team in Paris in all the following tasks:
• Monitoring national and international news on all conflicts relevant to Crisis Action;
• Following closely the position of the French government on all conflicts relevant to Crisis Action;
• Writing briefing notes (in English and in French);
• Researching contacts, biographies, information;
• Playing a part in the definition of advocacy campaign strategies ;
• Proposing and implementing campaigns activities;
• Translating internal and external communications (English/French);
• Organizing meetings and events; and assisting in any related follow-up work;
• Participating in the delivery of campaign activities as requested (logistics, contacts, emails, reporting, etc.) mainly for campaign activities for the Middle East and Africa;
• Supporting administrative tasks on request.
Skills and profile
• Education: advanced degree in political science or international relations, war studies, conflict resolution, diplomacy;
• Fluency in both French and English
• Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken) as well as ability to draft/edit a variety of written reports in French and English;
• Strong analytical summarizing and writing skills, precision and accuracy;
• Strong ability to extract key information from meetings and readings, and translating them in comprehensive, succinct notes in short timeframes;
• Internship experience in an international NGO or other institutions and/or in advocacy and campaigns is much appreciated;
• Willingness to work independently, with strict deadlines;
• Other personal qualities: dynamic, reliable, sense of initiative, team spirit, and committed;
• Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook (Office 365);
• Knowledge of Sharepoint and Salesforce contacts database would be a plus.
• 6 month full time internship based in Paris;
• Starting mid-February 2018;
• Applicants must have a school / university internship agreement (“convention de stage”);
• Allowance: € 3.60 / hour + 50% reimbursement of the “Navigo” pass as required by French law;
• To apply, please send your CV in English and cover letter in French by 7 January 2018 to email@example.com – with ‘Internship Application’ in the subject line.
More information at: https://crisisaction.secure.force.com/jobs/VanaHCM__Job_Detail?Id=a2C0N000000NPga&rid=005b0000000vEinAAE&src=Twitter.