ABOUT THE POSITION
The iDeas Lab, the award-winning creative and digital production department at CSIS, seeks highly motivated and creative candidates for a full-time, six-month internship to join our dynamic and fast-paced team beginning in June/July. Responsibilities span a range of research tasks, including data analysis, data visualization, as well as policy-oriented research and writing. The position is unpaid.
The successful candidate will primarily support the Senior Fellow for Data Analysis on a range data-driven research projects related to international affairs and foreign policy.
The internship is structured to provide emerging professionals with practical experience that will deepen their professional portfolios.
Essential duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct data analysis and writing for digital publication
- Assist the Senior Fellow with research for articles and presentations
- Proofread and edit assorted content
- Monitor, track, and report on events related to key research areas
- Perform a variety of other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from an accredited U.S. institution or equivalent from a non-U.S. institution
- An academic or professional background in data analysis or data science
- Some existing knowledge of international affairs or political science
- Exceptional writing skills
- The ability to collect, curate, and analyze data with minimal oversight
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience managing competing priorities and multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Eligible to work in the United States
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.