The Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA) seeks a Design and Marketing Fellow. The fellow will assist staff in promotion of the APSIA network and professional international affairs education.
At a minimum, the fellow should be available through Fall 2020. APSIA would like to find candidates who will be available for a longer period of time.
Location: Fellows can be based in any location; authorization to work in the United States required.
Compensation: $16 / hour for 10-12 hours per week
What you will do for APSIA:
- Arrange Facebook Live and Instagram Live broadcasts on relevant topics. Content will be particularly aimed at prospective APSIA students worldwide, including those unrepresented in international affairs.
- Develop short videos (“sound bites”) on topics relevant to prospective students worldwide based on existing APSIA content. Create graphics to accompany the sound bites that can be shared on social media.
- Develop or identify engaging video content which supports APSIA’s brand messaging for use on APSIA’s social media channels. Content should be easily accessible by audiences worldwide.
- Amplify the content created by APSIA members, including content not in English.
- Layout the content of the APSIA Career Guide into a shareable document that can be easily maintained by the APSIA office. Work with the Executive Director to write new or updated content as needed.
- Ensure every APSIA member had at least two alumni linked to their profile on the APSIA website. Identify alumni and write profiles as needed in order to showcase the diversity within APSIA.
- Analyze data to suggest locations for increased APSIA marketing. Create marketing plans for target locations.
- Identify sponsorship and advertising opportunities outside North America to increase APSIA’s brand awareness in Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and South America
- Support the creation of content for APSIA’s Public and International Service Advisor Network.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring to APSIA
- Current graduate student at or recent graduate of an APSIA member school
- Experience with MS-Office Suite, Canva, WordPress, MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, social media
scheduling tools (ex: Hootsuite), and related tools required.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, and/or related graphic and video editing tools preferred. NOTE: APSIA does not currently have access to Adobe or related design software.
- Basic HTML helpful.
- Experience with marketing, design, public relations, public communications, or related tasks in a voluntary or professional capacity required.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills in English. Additional language skills, particularly the major languages of Europe or Asia, a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask with minimal supervision required.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Executive Director Carmen Mezzera at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Marketing Fellowship_FamilyName. Please include desired beginning and end dates in your cover letter. Apply by July 1, 2020.
Only students selected to interview will receive a response. No phone calls please.