Welcoming America is seeking candidates for the position of Development and Communications Coordinator, a full-time position based in our national office in Decatur, GA (Metro Atlanta).
We are seeking candidates excited about our mission of building more positive relationships between foreign and U.S. born Americans, and who want to be part of a team working to build a movement of partners to foster more welcoming, vibrant communities across the nation.
The Development and Communications Coordinator supports and connects the day-to-day workflow of the Development and Communications departments. Development responsibilities include grant drafting and polishing, preparation for fundraising-related meetings, prospect research, campaign support, and special projects and administrative tasks that support stewardship of the organization’s donors. Communications responsibilities include the day-to-day management of Welcoming America’s online presence, as well as the creation and dissemination of collateral, email campaigns, and other communications.
- Assist with outreach to current and prospective funders, including material and presentation development, prospect research, meeting logistics, correspondence and stewardship
- Assist with grant proposals, reports, and other key fundraising documents (such as the annual report), including compiling information and drafting/outlining
- Develop and update organization collateral – printed and online materials
- Assist with fundraising campaigns and opportunities, such as National Welcoming Week corporate sponsorships and the end-of-year campaign
- Manage website, including performing updates, ensuring uptime, liaising with vendors, adding content, and identifying opportunities for enhancement
- Coordinate email campaigns and social media, including strategizing, drafting, editing, sending emails, and posting to social media
- Improve online communications activities through refinement and the use of analytics
- Oversee contact database, including liaising with vendors, training and supporting staff, ensuring utilization and accuracy, and data entry, reporting and analytics
- Oversee tracking qualitative and quantitative metrics for development and communication efforts and success
- Assist with earned and paid media outreach and response efforts
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Extremely organized with a high attention to detail
- Comfort with new software applications, most specifically databases
- Ability to maintain a calm and positive attitude under stressful situations
- Entrepreneurial and possesses sharp problem solving skills
- A creative eye and basic graphic design skills (advanced design skills a plus)
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to turnaround writing quickly
- Dedication to immigrant rights, diversity and opportunity
- Comfortable with technology and computers, especially with social media, website maintenance, Google, and Office products
B.A., particularly in political science, communications, public policy, or marketing. Alternatively, six years of experience.
Minimum of one year of experience in marketing and one year in fundraising, or two years of experience in a role with transferable skills. Internships and other volunteer positions can be considered experience.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Health benefits provided.
Welcoming America is an equal opportunity employer. Immigrants and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter confirming your qualifications and a current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org the subject “Development and Communications Coordinator Application”
Position is open until filled, but applications are requested to be submitted by August 5, 2014
No phone calls, faxes or drop offs please