Reporting to the Director of Strategic Projects, the Development Associate & Assistant to the CEO will provide support across a range of functions within the “Office of the CEO.” S/he will manage business development and governance-related initiatives that undergird Global Citizen Year’s growth and impact. Additionally, the Development Associate & Assistant to the CEO will provide executive support to the CEO, leveraging her ability to advance our mission and vision.
The Development Associate & Assistant to the CEO must be a highly proactive individual who exhibits strong professionalism and thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. S/he is energized by the opportunity to contribute to a broad range of workstreams that enable the organization to achieve its ambitious goals.
Beyond this, the role presents the opportunity to be part of a dynamic organization with a track record of success, a proven and innovative model, and a steep growth trajectory.
You are the “glue” that holds things together. You are drawn to work that strengthens operations and supports the whole. You’re energized when juggling multiple balls at one time, and find even more mundane tasks satisfying, because you know they are critical to the organization’s success.
You have a touch of ESP. You’re insanely proactive, and anticipate others’ needs before they ask – or even become aware of them. And you’re like a chameleon, adapting your style to accommodate others’ needs.
You appreciate quality data. Maybe you store and categorize all your old receipts? You’re obsessed with maintaining accurate, up-to-date records, because you know that strong knowledge management is the foundation for solid decision-making.
You seek continuous improvement. You’re constantly asking, “How can we do this better?” You bring a problem-solving orientation to your work, and instinctively seek opportunities for reflection and feedback. You have a knack for strengthening processes to improve quality and efficiency.
You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re resourceful and at ease with ambiguity and rapid change. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions to obstacles.
The Development Associate & Assistant to the CEO position responsibilities will include:
- Systems, Processes & Knowledge Management:
- Recommend and implement improvements to business development systems and processes to drive greater efficiencies and enable improved reporting and analytics
- Manage all development-related data and reports in Salesforce to accurately reflect ongoing cultivation and stewardship activities and progress against goals
- Oversee accurate and timely donation processing
- Donor Stewardship: Assist with cultivation and stewardship initiatives (annual campaigns, etc.) to engage key funders, allies, and partners in our mission
- Event Planning: Support planning and execution of business development events
- Donor Research: Conduct research and analysis on prospective donors (individuals, foundations, corporations) to identify new funding opportunities
- Business Development Materials: Support creation of business development materials to effectively communicate our impact to diverse audiences
Executive Support for “Office of the CEO”
- Scheduling: Manage CEO calendar with impeccable accuracy to align with priorities
- Meeting Support: Lead preparation for CEO’s meetings (research, materials, predisposition); ensure timely follow up and next steps
- Travel Logistics: Oversee CEO trip planning, including managing travel logistics and conference registrations
- General Support and Administration: Provide other support functions, as needed
- Manage logistics for quarterly board meetings and other board-related events
- Research, evaluate, and/or recommend new strategic initiatives; and lead and support their planning and execution
You have a demonstrated passion for the mission of Global Citizen Year. You’re known for your ability to “get things done” and excel in the context of a fast-paced startup. You’re able to multi-task like none other.
Additionally, you bring:
- Superb communication skills. You are an exceptional communicator across all mediums (written and verbal). You effectively tailor your message and tone to fit the audience (board member, donor, CEO, colleague) and situation.
- Professional poise and polish: You manage through stress, and remain cool under pressure. Others praise you for your high level of integrity.
- Organization and time management skills: You can keep many balls – big and small – in the air, without letting any drop. You swiftly reprioritize when needed without losing sight of your longer-term goals.
- A commitment to quality: You leave no “t” uncrossed nor “i” undotted. You appreciate error-free prose, accurate data tracking, and thoughtful document formatting.
- Systems & process orientation: You have experience designing and implementing user-friendly systems and processes that drive efficiencies and quality.
- Proficiency with Salesforce and Microsoft Office
The following are a plus:
- Experience living/working in the developing world
- Experience with fundraising/business development
- Experience providing support to senior executives
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant/related field
Compensation: Competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and comprehensive benefits package
Location: Oakland, CA
Start Date: As soon as possible
How to apply
To apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter here. In your online application, please indicate how you learned of the opening and provide three professional references, your salary requirement and the date you would be available to begin fulltime work in Oakland.Generic cover letters will not be reviewed.
Deadline: Applications received by July 7th will receive preferential review. The review will continue until the position is filled.
Global Citizen Year is an equal opportunity employer, and we strive for our staff to reflect the diverse community we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.