WomenNC’s mission is to lead young adults in the elimination of injustice against women and girls, raising a generation that honors women’s human rights.
WomenNC is a small organization with a long history (11 years) with a big reach! And, we are one of the most interesting and effective organizations that few have heard about. You are going to help change that!
With our signature program we train undergraduate students to be leaders, researchers and advocates, teaching them specific leadership skills and pairing them one-on-one with social scientists from RTI’s Global Gender Center. With these “femtors” they then prepare reports on specific instances of gender inequalities in particular North Carolina communities and make policy recommendations to improve the status of women and girls. Students then advocate for these solutions in a variety of fora, locally in front of institutions like city councils and county commissions, nationally with collaborators, like the Feminist Majority Foundation, and internationally at the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women.
This summer WomenNC is pleased to offer an internship that will both assist our organization and provide the student with a concrete project portfolio that she can call her own.
- Research appropriate grants for the organization, including private and government funders from grants databases
- In consultation with the ED and Board of Directors, select grants to be written and submitted in the upcoming year
- Create a grants calendar that includes submission details and estimated time for completion
- Begin crafting grants including
- Communicating (email and phone) with grantors about expectations
- Attending virtual grant meetings with funders
- Gather organizational financial data in consultation with accountant
- Creating program budgets and narratives
- Communicating with stakeholders as necessary to craft compelling grants (past scholars and volunteers, and mentors; current and former Board members; university liaisons, etc.)
- Donor Management:
- Learn DonnorPerfect donor database software
- Organize and manage WomenNC’s donor data
- Integrate donors and supporters on iContact database with DonorPerfect
- Work with Communications staff to craft and send communications materials to supporters
- Craft other fundraising materials –written and social media–in collaboration with the communications intern to insure WNC’s fiscal health.
Send a resume and cover letter to:
Maria Murray Riemann, Ph.D.