ABOUT THE POSITION
The Programs Unit at Search for Common Ground (Search) is seeking an intern for the Fall 2020 to provide support to the organization’s evolving digital peacebuilding partnerships and capacity building initiatives. This intern will work with the Senior Vice President of Programs, and interact with various programs staff across Search’s four regions in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East, as well as staff engaged in learning and program quality.
- Assist the Senior VP Programs with developing and building a digital peacebuilding partnership & capacity building strategy for the organization
- Support the Senior VP in identifying and establishing key partnerships in order to complement Search’s core competencies
- Working with the Senior VP and other staff in program quality and learning to identify capacity building opportunities for Search staff to strengthen their digital peacebuilding competencies
- Support in organizing consultations, capture notes from consultations, schedule meetings and workshops when appropriate
Salary: This is an unpaid internship.
Location: This internship will be done remotely. Thus, applicants can be based anywhere in the world.
Start date and Duration: The intern will commence no later than 1 September. Preference to start in mid-August if possible. The successful candidate will be available for a minimum of 12 weeks with a preference for candidates who can commit to 16 weeks.
Time commitment: Between 24 and 32 hours per week, with a flexible schedule
- Current student or recent graduate with a degree in International Relations, Conflict Studies, Development, or a related area
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel utilization, Google suite, Internet Search Engines)
- A self-starting, enthusiastic, and flexible approach to the organization and the position
- Demonstrated understanding of the peacebuilding field and the implementation of peacebuilding projects
- Experience, or demonstrated significant interest, in the use of digital technology and digital platforms to tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, either through personal experience, research, or as a practitioner
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here. Application deadline is August 3.