The American Red Cross, International Services Department seeks an experienced information analyst to support our international programs, with a focus on disaster response operations. This includes tracking program and impact data to support decision-making, generating disaster response reports for internal and external audiences, and creating information products such as fact sheets, donor reports and presentations.
- Work closely with the International Response Operations Center and other units to effectively manage information on international programs, with a focus on disaster responses.
- Help to better harness information as a tool for decision making, including improving processes to collect and organize data, identify trends and address information gaps.
- Help improve data visualization in information products, including revising existing templates and processes to better incorporate the use of visual displays, including graphs, charts and maps.
- Under tight deadlines, document key operational decisions and produce disaster response reports that effectively synthesize and summarize a broad range of information.
- Contribute to the development, updating and dissemination of core information products and materials including presentations, fact sheets, brochures and donor reports.
- Bring together appropriate stakeholder groups within and outside the department to ensure information is accurate and consistent.
- Facilitate the review, editing and approval of information products for internal and external audiences.
- Serve as information officer when the International Response Operations Center is activated.
- Depending on level of experience, may deploy to provide information and reporting support during major international disasters.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- BA/BS with a minimum of five years professional experience in international affairs, international development, information services, communications, or related fields
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to synthesize, process and prioritize large amounts of information quickly
- Experience producing information products for different audiences, utilizing a mixture of text, charts, graphs and other visual displays of information to effectively communicate complex information
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including experience following internal style guides
- Strong attention to detail and ability to identify gaps and take the initiative to address them
- Ability to multi-task in a high pressure environment
- Flexibility required to meet unpredictable business needs, including occasionally working long hours and on weekends
- Experience responding effectively to the needs of diverse clients, with proven interpersonal skills and diplomacy
- Experience living and working in a diverse or international environment preferred
- Experience using Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Working knowledge of Spanish or French preferred
- Familiarity with Access or equivalent database software desired
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Apply online at:
PLEASE USE REQUSTION: NHQ20838