The Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA) seeks a Diversity and Inclusion Fellow. Working with APSIA staff, the fellow will assist in APSIA’s outreach to communities traditionally underrepresented in the field of international affairs.
Students can be based anywhere, but must have the right to work in the US. At a minimum, the fellow should be available for all of Spring 2021 . APSIA would like to find candidates who will be available for a longer period of time.
Compensation: $16 / hour for 10-12 hours per week
- Assist in the execution of APSIA’s Diversity Forum programs
- Research APSIA alumni from communities traditionally underrepresented in international affairs. Create social media, website, and other tools to share their stories.
- Identify opportunities to expand awareness of APSIA and its work within traditionally underrepresented communities.
- Assess APSIA’s work and the diversity of APSIA’s membership through background research and analysis.
- Current masters or PhD student at an APSIA member school; recent APSIA masters or PhD graduates welcome to apply.
- Experience with event planning and office management.
- Experience working with multicultural communities in a US context. Understanding of diversity and inclusion in higher education strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills in English. Additional language skills a strong plus.
- Experience with MS-Office Suite. Canva, WordPress, MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, social media scheduling tools (ex: Hootsuite), and related tools strongly preferred. Basic HTML helpful.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Executive Director Carmen Mezzera at apsia AT apsia.org with the subject Diversity Fellowship_FamilyName. Candidates must include desired beginning and end dates in the cover letter. Apply by midnight ET on November 30, 2020.