ABOUT THE POSITION
The MLB Diversity Fellowship Program will allow us to stay true to the ideals of equal opportunity while solidifying Major League Baseball as an organization of choice for all recent graduates, including people of color and women. This distinct opportunity will place candidates in entry-level roles within one of the MLB Clubs and MLB’s Central Office. The Club-based program will be an 18-to-24-month commitment in a front office or baseball operations role at one of the MLB Clubs around the country participating in the MLB Diversity Fellowship Program.
MLB Club Diversity Fellowship Program
Eligible candidates will be placed in one of our 30 Clubs in the United States or Canada and appointed to an entry-level role in either the front office or baseball operations department for a minimum of 18 months. The Fellows will not have the option to choose a Club or location, so applicants should have flexibility to relocate for any of the assignments. While all disciplines are eligible to apply, we strongly encourage candidates with degrees or knowledge in economics, analytics, computer science, applied mathematics, law and business to submit applications. The Fellowship will begin post-graduation (if applicable) on a mutually agreed upon date between the Club and the chosen fellow.
MLB Office of the Commissioner Diversity Fellowship Program
The chosen Fellows will be located in MLB’s Office of the Commissioner in New York City for a minimum of 18 months. During his or her tenure, each fellow will rotate through MLB’s baseball operations and labor economics departments under the supervision of respective department heads. While all disciplines are eligible to apply, we strongly encourage candidates with degrees or knowledge in economics, analytics, computer science, law and business to submit applications. The Fellowship will begin postgraduation (if applicable) on a mutually agreed upon date between the Office of the Commissioner and the chosen fellow.
• Open to people of color and female candidates.
• Candidates must be recent graduates (Spring 2017 graduates to upcoming Spring 2020 graduates) with either a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s Degrees or related advanced degree. • Minimum GPA of 3.0 • A passion for and knowledge of baseball is helpful but not required
• Former professional baseball and softball players (including national team members) who have earned a degree(s) and do not meet the graduation date requirement but have ceased playing within the last two years will also be eligible.
• For the Club Fellowship Program, a commitment of at least 18 months of employment is required at any participating Club in which you are placed.
• Exact locations are up to the discretion of Major League Baseball and participating Clubs.
HOW TO APPLY
- Cover letter
- A personal statement (500 words or less)
- Two letters of recommendation
The MLB Diversity Fellowship application goes live on Monday, August 19, 2019 at www.mlb.com/fellowship and the application deadline is Tuesday, October 15, 2019. For any questions and/or inquiries regarding the MLB Diversity Fellowship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.