ABOUT THE POSITION
The Quincy Institute (QI) Internship Program provides an opportunity for undergraduate, graduate students, and recent graduates from diverse backgrounds to engage in career exploration and development.
The mission of QI’s Internship Program is to provide students and recent graduates a meaningful and practical work experience related to the student’s field of study or career interest. Interns will have the opportunity to attend internal meetings, attend external as well as QI events online or in-person (pandemic permitting).
This is a paid part-time position (15-19 hours/week) from early September to mid-December 2020 (~15 weeks). Interns will be able to work remotely or from the Quincy Institute’s Washington, DC office.
- The candidate will primarily assist in researching issues related to U.S. foreign policy toward East Asia. This research will contribute to products that range from original policy research to rapid analysis to op-ed writing.
- The candidate will closely follow the daily and weekly news cycle, tracking issues of relevance to ongoing research.
- The candidate will assist in duties related to congressional outreach, communications, and tracking political developments relevant to ongoing research.
- The candidate must demonstrate a keen interest in the restraint-oriented work of the Quincy Institute and thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- All interns will assist with general administrative work for the Quincy Institute.
- The candidate must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in political science, international relations, or a related field, or be a recent graduate in aforementioned areas.
- The candidate must have strong writing and research skills, including basic familiarity with different writing guidelines (i.e. AP style) and citation styles (i.e. Chicago style).
- The candidate must be proficient in basic technical skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite applications. Advanced understanding of data analysis and presentation are a plus.
- Proficiency in an East Asian language (i.e. Chinese, Japanese, Korean) preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample.
Application deadline is August 1, 2020.
For more information and to apply, click here.