ABOUT THE POSITION
The Economic Development & Health (EDH) team manages a portfolio of USAID-funded programs that provide technical assistance to agricultural producers, organizations, and agribusinesses, and support nutrition and food security in Latin America and the Caribbean. This position reports to the Senior Program Officer of the EDH team.
EDH intern responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the review of volunteer scopes of work and edit/translate as needed;
- Help collect and process volunteer trip reports, recommendation forms, and expense reports;
- Draft and disseminate press releases to relevant media outlets;
- Enter volunteer trip data into monitoring and evaluation cloud database
- Draft 1-paragraph Farmer-to-Farmer trip summaries
- Assist with the preparation of EDH publications and reports as needed;
- Interview field staff and volunteers to develop success stories, articles, and blog posts;
- Assist with the creation of expense;
- Attend public meetings and events on relevant agriculture and other topics hosted by local organizations and think tanks;
- Review Baseline and Monitoring and Evaluation Data for quality/completeness and help keep M&E database up-to-date;
- Occasional coordination with other units at Partners
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Strong writing skills
- Attention to detail while meeting deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- Spanish proficiency preferred but not required
- Interest in international development
- Experience and/or coursework in agriculture desired
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and a relevant writing sample to Kellen Parrish at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only finalists will be contacted.